It is kind of a crazy feeling to not have a race that I am training for. My motivation is completely lax because I do not have anything driving me. I usually do Martha Vineyard's 20 miler but decided againsty it this year to save a little money. Also it is a busy time for us right during all the kids sports and Brooke's volleyball tournaments. I love running and it has been nice to just be able to run and not focus on the time and pace for each run...but enough is enough. I am going to make up a race plan for the year 2012 and go full force again.
I am wanting to race the 1/2 marathon this year. In years past I have only ran the 1/2 marathon in training for my marathons so we would run it at marathon race pace. Now I would like to try for a 1:43 in the spring and then shoot for under a 1:40 in the fall. This is a pretty lofty goal, but dream big right?
I also would like to race the Ultra Relay for Reach the Beach this year. 200 miles with 6 runners instead of 12. It will be great because there will be not so much wasted time. Natalie wants to run the tufts 10K for women with me in October. I really would like to try to talk Brooke into training for it as well and running it with us. I think I may be able to. Even if she walks some of it. Now I need to find some more 10K and 5K and get some challenging things for me on the calendar to look forward to.
Stringer and speedier in 2012 is my goal. Then I will really be ready for 2013 Boston training.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment