Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Looking forward to September 14

This year with the Boston marathon registration they have already allowed 4500 runners that deferred from the April race to register on August 15.  That makes it harder for us to get into the race.  this is how registration will work this year.

On September 10 everyone who beat the new qualifying times for Boston (6 min. faster) by 20 minutes can register.  2 days later, on September 12 the people that beat the qualifying time by 10 min. can get on line and register.  On September 14 everyone that beat their time by 5 min. or more can register.  I beat my qualifying time of 3:40 by almost 8 min. so I am in a pretty good position.  All the 10 min. or faster people will register on Wednesday and then when I register on Friday I will be in the first half of the people they accept into the race for 5 min. and faster.  They will accept us in still by fastest time.  I am so excited to be able to register.

Then on Monday, September 17 it will be open for everyone else.  They will still take people with the fastest times first and then they will let everyone know 2 weeks later if they are in the race.

I am nervous but excited for this experience.  I am grateful for all of my great friends that will be training wth me.  I am grateful for my body and for my health that I can even do such a vigorous training plan.  I will be following the same training plan that I did for St. George last year. It is Hal Higdon's Advanced marathon training that I modify.  I run 4-5 days a week instead of 6 and I have added cross training into the program.  I love spinning and yoga and feel that those workouts make me so much stronger.



BOSTON HERE I COME!  YAY!

No comments: