Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Quest to Boston

My friend Yuki and I ran in the Hartford, CT marathon back in October and I fell short of my goal once again to qualify for the Boston marathon. In order for me to qualify I need to run a 3:45 marathon which is an 8:33 min. per mile pace. I finished this year at 3:52 and I have decided that it is because I am carrying around too much weight for a full marathon at that fast pace. So here I am beginning the biggest loser contest again to get me down to a competing race time and I need to lose 10 lbs. before my marathon training starts in June.
So here I am putting all my cards on the table and this time I do not want to have anything hold me back. I am running the St. George marathon on October 1 and I need to weigh 130 lbs. and now run a 3:40 marathon to qualify (they have made the qualifying time 5 min. faster). It does help that the St. George marathon is a down hill race, but I am training at sea level and then running at high altitude. I have to be completely ready. Time to get this extra weight off. We all have different reasons why we need to lose weight. Wish me luck.


No comments: