Saturday, November 8, 2008

Eating out isn't so bad...

I went out on a date with my husband Kevin last night to the LongHorn Steakhouse. This is my 2nd favorite restaurant (P.F. Chang's is numero uno). I was nervous at first to go out but then I just looked up the menu on line and found the things I wanted to order and added the calories up and I actually got to eat a 7 oz. filet mignon with 2 pieces of grilled shrimp and the asparagus. I also had a house salad with ranch on the side and I only dipped my fork a couple of times in it because it tasted so good without it. I still had calories left to eat so I got to have a couple of bites of Kevin's dessert. I love LongHorn. Today I went Scouting for Food with my Webelos and I had to walk all over different neighborhoods. Then I raked the yard for an hour or so. There are so many leaves out here, I think we almost got everything cleared. We only have a couple more trees that need to drop. (I live on 2 acres of woods) I then went to the gym and had to run 9 miles on a treadmill because it was raining outside and here in NH it gets pitch dark at 5:00 right now. It was a pretty active day and right now I am just looking forward to my pillow.

1 comment:

kristal said...

Aw, I'ms oo jealous! 9 miles? I'm still working on getting ONE down! I'm not motivated to diet (which is my main problem with my weight), but I'm soo excited to start running. Any suggestions for a beginner? I got the worst side aches last time, i had to speed walk most of it while I rubbed them out. I didn't eat or drink for an hour before, i don't know what caused em. And any suggestions on shoes? I've been erading up in my shape and self magazines, and looks like the Reebox something Rally II are awesome. I've found em for $70 on e bay brand new, but I wanna go try em on somewhere first. But seriuosly any tips for a new runner?