Monday, November 3, 2008

Week 1 Work-Out

This is not going to be very fun to run with a pulled hip flexer muscle. I was pushing Carley in the stroller last Monday for 3 miles and after I was finished my right hip flexer was really throbbing and bothering me (I think she may weigh too much now to push around). I have put heat on it and have tried to take it easy during my other runs. (5 miles on Wednesday and 7 miles on Saturday) I am only going to run 3 days a week this training time around. I think that with the cross-training and weight training I will be able to make other muscles strong and it may help all around with the weight loss (muscles burns more calories than fat).

Fri. Nov. 7- Boot Camp class 1 hour with 30 min. weights
Sat. Nov. 8- Run 9 miles with my honey
Sun. Nov. 9- REST
Mon. Nov. 10- Advanced step aerobics class
Tues. Nov. 11- Run 5 miles at track
Wed. Nov. 12- Run 3 miles at track (90 min. Power Yoga class)
Thurs. Nov. 13-REST/XT (cycling) at home for 1 hr.


Tip: When you pre-plan your exercise for the week it is easier to stick to it. Even plan the time that you will be doing the exercise and STICK TO IT NO MATTER WHAT!

4 comments:

kristal said...

yay! WE are about the same height, with the same goal weight...if you're starting at 150, I'm mad. But i'm soo glad someone on here has the same goal weight as me....causeI know when you hit it, and I don't...it'll push me to hit it! Glad you joined...you're a runner? I'm starting again for the first time in 4 years this week...we'll see how it goes.

kelly said...

Kristal, do you have a blog? It will be good to do this.

kristal said...

yea, did you not get my invite?
I'm soo jealous of your running. We ran today...only one mile and I died! I'm soo out of running shape. I've been doing workout videos for a couple of years, and have no endurance for running. We walked half a mile. Our goal for Thursday is to run 2 miles and walk a half mile, and stick with that for a couple of weeks before we up it. Our town just got a sweet new track, so I'm updating my playlist so I can try to enjoy running...I hate it! blah! LMK if you didn't get the invite to my blog

kelly said...

I did get your invite and thank you. Running is definitely something that can be addictive once you build up your endurance and it sounds like you are doing just that. I run because it keeps me comfortable in my pants, but now I don't want to be comfortable in the pants I am wearing now. I would like to get down to a size 8. You look great! I can't even imagine fitting into a size 6 pants. Keep up the good work and never give up no matter how hard it gets.