I am ready to start RIGHT NOW. After Halloween and all the chocolate candy bars that I ate, I need to have something to shoot for. The only bad thing is that I do not want to lose any weight this week yet if we are not weighing in until Friday. Oh well, what is the most important thing anyway?? Losing weight or winning?? HMMMM...
I am training for a 20 mile run in Martha's Vineyard on Valentine's day. I do not know what I have gotten myself into. I HATE running in the cold and usually end up just running on treadmills at the gym all Winter. So I do not know why I signed up for a race that is usually run on the coldest day of forever. The SAD thing is that I usually put on about 5 lbs. over the Winter and then have to lose it all over again once I start running again in the Spring. I usually have different races that I aim for throughout the year to help me keep in shape. The GREAT thing is that my husband loves to do triathlons and he will usually run my long run with me on the weekends. I talked him into running on Valentine's day with me so we could run together in love (he kind of threw up in his mouth when I said this...).
I LOVE food. I LOVE to snack. I DO NOT lose weight beyond a certain point (my body has a plateau it hits and does not ever go beyond unless something more drastic is done). I know the drastic thing that has to happen and I am now vowing that I will do it for the next 8 weeks. I KNOW how to maintain weight, so I am hoping that once I get down to my goal weight I can do what it has to take to stay there (I have weighed the same weight for 8 years), I just CAN NOT lose weight.
This is my time to do what it takes to achieve a goal that I have wanted to now for 8-10 years (thanks Kathy). I currently weigh around 160 lbs. and would love to weigh 145. The basic thing I need to remember is calories in, calories out. You now know about how many calories I usually eat to maintain the weight that I am at with all the running that I do, it will be really HARD for me to cut back on the extra calorie food that I am accustomed to. I also need to work on being more consistent in my exercising and not take a couple of weeks off when things start getting crazy busy around the house. I look forward to Friday.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Glad to see some new faces in the competition. 20 miles is tough I am training for a triathlon on Thanksgiving day. It is going to be so much fun I can't wait. Then in March I am going to do a 1/2 marathoon.
The half marathon is one of my favorite races because you don't have to run so many miles during training, but still run a lot of miles all around. You are awesome to do a triathlon... swimming is just not my thing.
Post a Comment