Friday, November 7, 2008

Nov. 7 Weigh-in (161 lbs.)

Okay, so here we go. I have committed to this and tried to tell a few people because the more I tell the more I feel it is real and that I will work harder. My body fat percentage is a little lower than what it says on my scale (my scale does not read it correctly) but at least it will be fun to see if there is going to be a change in that area as well. I have a pear shape body. I hold most of my weight in my belly and bum. I will absolutely lose weight from every area (chest, arms, face, lower legs) rather than the area that I want to lose it from. That will come off very last. I will have to be patient and work really hard. I posted some before pics. This was really hard for me to do because I have always been one that conceals my bad areas pretty well by wearing baggy pants and bigger shirts. Now it is out there for all to see. I am hoping that this will motivate me to lose the weight and make it to my goal.

3 comments:

kristal said...

Mine is all in my gut! Seriously even when I was at 155, size 8, I had people asking me if I was pregnant. I hate it! And I know it's because of my sugar addiciton, cause when I back off, it starts to come off of there. But I'm like you, I'll lose it EVERYWHERE else FIRST! blah!

Destiny said...

Hi Kelly,
First of all runners rock, I ran CC in HS, but since then I have not been encouraged enough to go through what it takes to get back in shape enough to enjoy it again!
Anyway, I remembered reading about your body type in a book I have about enzymes. I believe you have an Estro body type, which typically doesn't metabolize fats very well (burns it real slowly) so lipase could really help that process. Plus since more oxygen is needed to burn fat than carbs you could try finding a water source with a high negative orp... ionizers do it, there is a link on my site to the one I want to get! Lipase should also help with any cravings.
Also, carrying weights while jogging is a good idea since you will get further by balancing your upper and lower body at the same time.
Anyway, this is getting really long. The book is called The Healing Power of Enzymes and I think you would like it, it even has a page of samples power foods for your body type.
I would love to see you beat your plateau, you can do it!

Kathy Schroder said...

Hey sister good luck and I can't wait to see how you do. This blog is so fun and it has really helped to motivate me. Good luck baby!!