Sunday, November 16, 2008
Hard Work-out
On Saturday I woke up at 7:00 and knew that I needed to go out for a run first thing or it would not happen that day. I woke up Kevin and we left about 7:30. It was pouring rain for the first hour and then let up a little bit for the last part, but then started up again at the finish. It was really nice temp. but just really wet. We took sports beans and stopped at the convenient store to buy some vitamin water to drink. I ran out of energy and will probably have to bring a gel pack with me next time. My hip flexer started acting up at mile 6 and by the time I turned into my neighborhood with only 1/2 mile to go, I was in a lot of pain and couldn't wait to be done. I hope that this injury doesn't get in the way of me finishing my goal. I hate injuries. I was super sore the rest of the day in my thighs, but today I am not too bad. I am so glad that this next week is my down week so maybe I can rest my leg and get it feeling better. I guess I need to remember no pain, no gain. On Saturday I also ate around 2000 calories because my body was craving a lot of extra energy intake. It is really hard to lose weight while training for a race because you need to fuel your body with certain foods, protein being one of them, so that adds a lot of calories. I will have to be really good this week and watch what I eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
awww, I'm soo jealous of your soreness. Wish I had the energy to work hard right now...next week! Although the pilates did make me sore the first couple of days. Anyway, great job on pushing yourself. Hopefully your injury isn't a long lasting one.
Kelly, yes, my parents live a few blocks down...they're building a house about an hour away though, in Snowflake...still not too far. My sisters all live down in Queen Creek, and one is in Va. Where do you live? Here is the recipe for those banana cookies: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Flip-Cookies-Cookie-Mix/Detail.aspx
Congrats on a good run, so sorry about all the pain though. I am proud of you for training. Something I will work towards one day.
Yeah good job on pushing yourself! and I had to try your chocolate pretzels- good choice.
Post a Comment