After every run I need to have a protein shake. I buy the Atkins shakes for this and after my really long runs I make myself a myoplex shake and add fruits to it like strawberries, bananas, blueberries... The reason for this is when you exercise your body breaks down muscle fibers in order to build them and the way that your body repairs and builds muscle is through protein. If you do not have enough protein your body will actually take what it needs from your muscles making them not as great as they could be. Remember that muscle burns more calories than fat so you want a lot more muscles. It is really hard for women to build muscle so much that they look like they are preparing themselves for Miss Muscle USA. So you don't have to worry about looking too bulky, just really nicely chiseled. These snacks are pretty low in calories and makes me really full. I love the snack size zone bar when I need something chocolatey...it is only 80 calories and really satifies my cravings. The Harvest Power Bar is more a meal replacement having more equal amounts of carbs and proteins. Just thought I would share a few of my favorite things.Tuesday, November 11, 2008
These are a few of my favorite things...
After every run I need to have a protein shake. I buy the Atkins shakes for this and after my really long runs I make myself a myoplex shake and add fruits to it like strawberries, bananas, blueberries... The reason for this is when you exercise your body breaks down muscle fibers in order to build them and the way that your body repairs and builds muscle is through protein. If you do not have enough protein your body will actually take what it needs from your muscles making them not as great as they could be. Remember that muscle burns more calories than fat so you want a lot more muscles. It is really hard for women to build muscle so much that they look like they are preparing themselves for Miss Muscle USA. So you don't have to worry about looking too bulky, just really nicely chiseled. These snacks are pretty low in calories and makes me really full. I love the snack size zone bar when I need something chocolatey...it is only 80 calories and really satifies my cravings. The Harvest Power Bar is more a meal replacement having more equal amounts of carbs and proteins. Just thought I would share a few of my favorite things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I agree with the protien shake and eggs. We eat A LOT of both of those around here. In fact I just got my latest shipment of protien shakes so I'll be ready after the cleanse. As far as the tomatoe juice...blah! Seriously I tried it for the first time this year and I think I'd rather starve for a year. I wish I liked it though. We eat a lot of nuts too, high protien, high good fat, high omegas. Luckily it's my kids favorite snack right now too. What's your average dinner like???
I usually have chicken, but I have started to find recipes that have the calories already counted in them and making them to eat. If I already have eaten too many calories for the day, I have made a veggie soup that is only 188 calories a bowl and I just pull it out of the freezer and have that. I also am fine with just having my meal replacement bar (Harvest) and calling it good. When I make dinner, I just have to make sure that I am not hungry. Also I ask my 13 year old daughter to make it for me sometimes. It is great!
Post a Comment